24.com- is looking for an Intern to join their Health24 team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following;
• Copy editing on B2B YourHealth portal.
• Research and writing for syndicated content.
• Image sourcing.
• Sourcing and building of medical expert database.
• The applicant must be a junior, senior or graduate student at the time the application is submitted, but may have graduated before beginning the internship.
• The intern would preferably have had at least one previous internship at a news organization although this is not a requirement.
Skills & Competencies
• Excellent English written skills
• Sub editing skills
• Copy tasting skills
• Basic photo editing skills
• Keen eye for detail
• Willing to learn
• Ability to work to deadline
• Enjoy engaging with people online
• Flexible and proactive
• Fast learner
• Able to handle responsibility without continuous direction.
Duties & Responsibilities
• The intern will gain technical experience working with HTML, Photoshop and our database-driven content management system.
• In addition, he or she will acquire more journalistic skills, including writing headlines and summaries and sharpening his or her news judgment.
• The internship is intended to teach the skills used by a content producer for Health24.com.
• This on-the-job training will expose interns to how news judgments are made and how the plans for larger enterprise take shape.
• As the internship progresses, interns can expect to contribute more and more to the coverage.
• Candidates will preferably know some HTML and Photoshop and have a demonstrated interest in journalism and a familiarity with Health24.com.
Load articles in the appropriate sections on the website
• Localise international articles
• Perform routine maintenance tasks on legacy content on the website, including to improve SEO
• Update content
• Load articles in the Multimedia section
• Upload Multimedia content related to Health24
• Populate and update sponsored sections and centres as required.
• Manage experts and forums and perform routine tasks required to keep the digital properties fresh and updated