Henley Business School, Africa has a HR Administrator internship position available in Paulshof, Johannesburg. The intern will report to the Head of HR.Henley is committed to skills development by providing an unemployed graduate with an opportunity to gain work experience in the practical application of HR functions. The HR Intern will contribute to the organisational goals by providing and co-ordinating accurate and efficient HR administrative services.
The role requires regular contact with internal staff to achieve the key responsibilities as detailed above. Externally the role requires regular contact with service providers and candidates.
Roles and responsibilities
- Staff training
- Staff probation, performance and development
- General administrative duties
This advert outlines the duties required for the time being of the post to indicate the level of responsibility. It is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the line manager may vary duties from time to time, which does not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed.
To qualify for an internship in HR, you must possess the following qualities and fulfil the following requirements:
- An ability to work and communicate well with others – all duties within HR require working with people and showing a genuine interest in employees.
- An ability to collaborate and communicate with employees to effectively build credibility with staff within the organisation.
- An ability to work within a pressurised environment, seek creative solutions to matters arising, show logical thought processes, and perform a variety of HR functions.
- Theoretical HR knowledge, confidence and high levels of accuracy, confidentiality and integrity are required for this position.
- Hold a qualification in Human Resources or equivalent (degree, diploma or certificate).
- Be an unemployed graduate with at least 6 – 12 months working experience in a similar role (working experience will be an advantage).
- Applicants need to be prepared to undergo an assessment as part of the selection process.
The Internship programme will run for a period of twelve (12) months. Please note that candidates who have already attended on an internship/ learnership programme will not be considered. The intention of the post is to assist the post holder to gain valuable skills, in order to become more marketable in the workplace after the 12-month period. This is not a permanent post.
How to apply
- Certified copy of Grade 12/ NQF 4 level certificate
- Certified highest qualification in Human Resources
- Certified copies of academic transcripts
- Certified copy of your ID
- Your CV and motivational letter
The closing date for applications is 15 January 2016. If interested please submit the following documents through to email@example.com