• Teaching and clinical/practical training of undergraduate and postgraduate veterinary and veterinary nursing students in Small Animal/Equine Medicine and Surgery;
• Departmental research and publications;
• Departmental and faculty administrative activities and other duties as delegated by the Head of Department;
• Clinical service in the Onderstepoort Veterinary Academic Hospital and surrounding community, including a 24-hour service;
• Community engagement activities.
• BVSc-degree or BVMCh or equivalent professional veterinary qualification;
• Registration as a Veterinarian with the SAVC or eligibility for registration within one year of appointment;
• Acknowledged clinical expertise;
• Valid working visa (where relevant);
• Commitment to further academic development;
• Adequate subject knowledge: Small Animal/Equine Medicine and Surgery.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
• Appropriate language and communication skills;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Good computer skills (Windows, MS Office, internet).
CLOSING DATE: 8 February 2016
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.