Terms of training and possible employment: Metro Police Trainees will be accepted and undergo training for 18 months. Upon successful completion of the training programme, trainees will be considered for employment as Metro Police Offi cers. Requirements: The Applicant must:
- Be in possession of a valid Senior Certifi cate (Grade 12) or equivalent;
- A Traffi c Warden Certifi cate;
- Be a South African and a permanent resident of Johannesburg Metropolitan area;
- Be between the ages of 18-35 years;
- Be healthy, physically and mentally fi t (Medical Certifi cate required);
- Have no criminal conviction (excluding previous convictions relating to political activities in the previous dispensation);
- Be prepared and willing to allow his/her fi ngerprints to be taken for purposes of checking criminal records;
- Be profi cient in English; and
- Possess a valid minimum Code B driving license (manual transmission).
Personal attributes: The incumbent should be reliable, honest, have a positive attitude, be patient, to work under pressure, under all weather conditions and shift hours.
- Terms of training: For the duration of the training: (12 months Traffic Officer Qualification and 6 months Law Enforcement: Skills Programme(. The trainees will be subjected to terms of the training contract. The City will pay a stipend in compliance with its policy. The Trainees must be willing to undergo abnormal training, including after hours without compensation and willing to participate in a vigorous training programme (physical, firearm and practicals).
Upon completion of the training: The incumbent must take the Oath of Offices as determined by the Municipality. He or she will be deployed to any area within the City of Johannesburg Municipal boundaries
Closing Date: 21 January 2016 at 16h00
How To Apply
Submission of documents to be delivered at:
1 Stevens Road,
Application letter together with a comprehensive CV must be hand delivered to the address above.
No faxed or emailed applications will be accepted.
Should you not receive correspondence from us 6 weeks after the closing date please consider your application to unsuccessful.