Duties may include showroom management, researching and writing content, pitching to media, guest list management, preparing media kits, event assistance, interacting with designers and members of the media, assisting with social media and assisting the team with overall marketing and PR campaigns.
While the majority of the duties will be completed in the office, some driving is required for press drops, to attend off-site meetings and showroom management duties.
Employment status - initial three month period, with evaluation thereafter. The aim is to groom the successful candidate to join the team post internship.
- Office hours, Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
- Due to the nature of the industry the candidate must be available to work in the evenings and over weekends when necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in public relations, communications, journalism and/or marketing a plus
- Knowledge of local fashion, design and entertainment scene, and international popular culture
- Own transport
- Positive 'can do' attitude
- The ability to work to deadlines and effectively multitask
Location: Cape Town
Carey and Megan