Ericsson truly believes that a successful business can only be built on successful people, so we are a people focused company. Our continuing leadership within the market place shows we have the ability to transform our business within a rapidly changing technological arena, through vision and diversity. Therefore our products have continued to shape the future for our customers and we are continually developing to meet new market opportunities.
Ericsson attracts and develops high performing, competent and motivated individuals, by building on everyone's competence and ambition to succeed. We offer an exciting, diverse and challenging environment for this.
We seek a graduate to join us as a Sales Graduate at our office in Johannesburg. This twelve month programme commences in February 2016.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Support sales function administrative requirements
- Support account managers with daily duties
- Ensuring that correct documentation is in place to process purchase orders.
- Ensuring that forecasts are kept up to date
- Keeping network data up to date.
- Forecasting Hardware requirements.
- Facilitating sign-off of invoices.
- Develop understanding of Ericsson structure and complexities of matrix organization in multinational organization
- Recently graduated or about to graduate from a South African University with a degree in Engineering/ICT
- Strong interest in working in the area of telecommunication
- Strong interest in working in the area of sales and business development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High customer service orientation
- Very good knowledge of and proficiency in MS Excel and general MS Office
We believe in growing our graduates and giving them a chance to have the best possible start in their career. Graduates at Ericsson gain valuable work experience, skills and knowledge that will assist them in furthering their career. We therefore not only let you work with the teams on live projects, but you will be receiving training courses throughout the program and will also be assigned a dedicated mentor who will be providing formal as well as informal guidance.
Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged individuals and disabled applicants.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.