The DTHF has worked in Masiphumelele, an under-resourced community south of Cape Town, for more than twelve years. The YC is a project that grew from this relationship in response to the needs of young people in the area. The goal is to give adolescents the tools and the confidence to make healthy life choices and to assist them in developing their potential. The YC does this through offering a safe, healthy environment where youth aged 12-22 from diverse communities can gather, learn, and play and access friendly sexual and reproductive healthcare.
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
- Excellent English (spoken and written)
- Aged between 17 and 22 years
- Self-disciplined, Punctual and Reliable
- Honest work ethic
- Willing attitude
- Passion to work with youth and provide a youth friendly environment
You will be expected to
- Contribute in a meaningful way to the welcoming environment of the Youth Centre and be role model
- Contribute to maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and maintenance of the Youth Centre’s facilitates and grounds
- Contribute to all aspects of the Centre’s activities and services as required
The working hours are from 9:30 till 5:30.
How to apply
Applications close on 15 January 2016. To apply, bring your cover letter, CV and 2 references to the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation’s Receptionist, Phakama. The DTHF Youth Centre is located at Guinea Fowl Road Sunnydale just opposite the Masiphumelele High School. You can also email your application to Khanyiselo Silo at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you do not bring a cover letter, CV and 2 references you will not be considered.
Via – DTHF