PR connoisseur and entrepreneur, La-Tasha Pucoe is the founder and director of PRuth Communications, which is a boutique PR and radio sampling agency based in Johannesburg. The PR company recently launched the PRoactive Internship Programme, aimed at facilitating the youth with real-life experience.
Being a qualified PR professional, Pucoe has held a variety of positions for various PR companies and decided to follow her passion for growing the independent music scene and creating a brand that is associated with great music, artist development, strong business ethics and consistent professional service to its artists and media associates.
However, PRuth Communications doesn’t only focus on the music industry and catering to musicians, they offer a variety of services for events, brands and small businesses as well.
PRuth Communications would like to make a difference in the PR industry by providing public relations students and graduates the opportunity to gain experience and knowledge about the industry. Books are beneficial, but they only cover the theory of what is really done in public relations.
The PRoactive Internship Programme will facilitate student learning opportunities outside of the classroom. These experiences provide the opportunity to apply classroom theory to real-world situations, thus enhancing the students' academic and career goals. One of the recurring themes in any entry level job search is the lack of experience factor.
The benefits of being a part of The PRoactive Internship Programme include:
- Offering you the chance to learn in a setting where you are supervised by a workplace professional and have the opportunity to achieve your own learning goals, without the responsibilities of being a permanent employee
- Offering the opportunity to work with someone who can become a mentor for you - not only in the internship, but throughout your career
- Learn new skills and add to your knowledge base while gaining confidence in your abilities
- Opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills
- Gain industry knowledge first hand from our organisation
- Apply some of the ideas learned in school and provide a bridge between school and the professional world
- Achieve a sense of accomplishment by contributing to our organization
- Meet new people and practice networking skills while establishing a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references
- Potential for a full-time job offer at the end of the internship based on your performance
If you are a PR student or graduate and would like to be a part of The PRoactive Internship Programme then email@example.com PRuth Communications the following:
- Your CV
- A description about yourself
- Students: Proof of your registration at a Tertiary Institution
- Graduates: Proof of your Qualification
- A photograph of yourself
If you have not heard from us within two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information, visit www.pruthcommunications.co.za. Alternatively, connect with them on Facebook or on Twitter.