Description: Urban Earth has created a 6 month internship position to provide a graduate or a new entrant to the job market with an opportunity to work in the sustainability sector.
Main Duties of the Intern will be:
- 1. Research and writing articles on a range of sustainability issues, including waste reduction, carbon management, energy management and renewable energy, for publication on the Urban Earth website.
- 2. Assist with management of the Urban Earth Website.
- 3. Providing support to one or more Urban Earth sustainability projects and open data projects.
- 4. Assist with a range of administrative tasks in the organisation.
- 5. Other duties as assigned
Requirements: An Honours or preferably Masters degree in sustainability, natural science, development studies, geography, environment, energy management, or associated disciplines. Excellent writing skills and a willingness to learn are essential. A genuine interest and commitment to sustainability which aligns with the company’s operational philosophies and culture. An interest in the latest cloud computing and open data tools as well as a Driver's license will be advantageous though not required.
Applicants who do not have at minimum an Honours degree will be immediately rejected.
Salary: R8,000 per month
Duration of Contract: 6 months
Deadline for application: 8th January 2016
Starting date: 1st February 2016.
1. A covering letter explaining your interest in the position
2. Example of an academic essay, paper or piece of popular writing which you have authored
3. Your CV
Interested candidates should submit an email with the subject line “Urban Earth Internship” to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following three documents as separate attachments to the email: