The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
Duties and responsibilities
- The fields of study from which interns are selected must be within the job families of the Bank, particularly Economics, Agriculture, Private Sector Development, Human Capital Development (Education and Health), Environment, Finance, Infrastructure Development, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Communications, Law, Internal Audit, Budget, Governance or any other field of study that the Bank may deem relevant to its operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
- Internships shall be performed either at the Bank's headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d'Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank's field offices or Regional Centres.
- The program is annually as follows:
- Summer - Session II: June through August.
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship will be authorized only once for any candidate.
- Interns shall be responsible for their air travel (where applicable) to and from the Bank's location as well as their upkeep.
- Interns shall be responsible for their medical insurance coverage and for obtaining entry and residence visas in the host country of the Bank.
- Eligible Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend, depending on the budget availability.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
To be eligible for internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Students, aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years, and currently enrolled in a Bachelor's/Master's level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above mentioned Degree.
- Citizens of one of the Bank's member countries.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks's two working languages (English or French).
The specific disciplines and professional areas that are aligned to the Ten-Year Strategy (TYS) and the gender strategy of the Bank are the following:
- Economy: Development Research; Statistics;
- Operations I: Procurement & Fiduciary Services, Fragile States;
- Operations II: Agriculture & Agro-Industry; Human Development; Governance; Water & Sanitation, Natural Resource Management;
- Operations III: Energy, Environment & Climate Change; Transport & ICT; Private Sector; Regional Integration and Trade;
- Strategy & Operational Policies;
- Results & Quality Assurance;
- Finance; Budget; Treasury; Resource Mobilization; Risk Management; Audit
- General/Business Administration;
- Human Resources Management;
- IT Services; IT Engineers; Security; IT Security;
- Protocol Services ; Langage Services ;
- Communication & External Relations ;
- Corporate Lawyers;
- Translation / Interpretation.
Publication date: 25/02/2016
Closing date: 15/03/2016
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY