Auditions are happening in three cities again this year but they're also happening online which means you can enter immediately if you aren't in one of the audition cities.
If you're based in Cape Town, Durban or Joziburg you need to audition in-the-flesh, at the venues and you can pre-register now so that you don't need to fill in forms on the day.
To enter online
You can enter online by uploading your video here.
For the best possible video submission make sure your video is under 1 minute and a maximum of 15MB in size. Make sure to include your full body in the video so that the selectors can see your full performance and everything that you are doing.
NB: Make sure that you have your video ready to upload before you click on the link and fill in the application. You won't be able to submit your form without uploading the video.
You can only enter online if you don't live in Cape Town, Jozi or Durban.
To audition at one of the venues
You can pre-register to audition by filling in this form here: SAGT pre-registration.
Audition dates and venues
Venue: e.tv Offices, 4 Stirling Street (cnr. De Villiers Road and Stirling Street) Zonnebloem
Dates: Saturday, 30 April & Sunday, 1 May
Time: 7am - 12pm
Venue: e.tv Offices, Albury Road, Dunkeld West
Dates: Saturday, 7 May & Sunday, 8 May
Time: 7am - 12pm
Venue: Olive Convention Centre, 81 Somtseu Road, Durban
Dates: Saturday, 14 May
Times: 7am - 12pm
Doors open at 7am and gates close midday at 12pm on the days of the auditions at the venue.
Here’s what you should take to your audition:
- Your pre-registration form (if you have pre-registered).
- A photocopy of your ID or birth certificate.
- Under 18s must take their guardian(s) with a copy of their ID or proof of guardianship.
- Bring any props or accessories needed for your act and arrive clothed in your costume.
- It will be a long day, so take refreshments and a camping chair for comfort.
- You will need to sign a few forms, so take a pen.