Novus Holdings is currently looking for a Corporate Communications / Public Relations Intern to assist the Corporate Communications Officer on a daily basis. The opportunity is best suited for a recently qualified Communications and Public Relations graduate in search of work experience or a final year student who needs to do an internship or work experience component to complete their qualification.
The successful candidate must have good understanding of the basic principles of communications, Public Relations and/ or Marketing.
This position will afford the person exposure to the full function of the Novus Holdings Communications and Marketing department.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist Corporate Communications Officer where necessary on daily basis with the following:
- Media relations - research, writing, media list development, coverage tracking and reporting.
- Written communications - copy writing, editing and fact-check process.
-Relevant internal and CSI communications – assist with relevant tasks.
- Stakeholder relations and corporate communications activities – provide assistance.
• Work within defined collateral templates (e.g. reports and other).
• Participate in team status meetings and provide detailed feedback reports.
• Assist with relevant administration tasks.
• Assist on occasion with coordination of relevant marketing activations.
• Qualification (Diploma or Degree) in Public Relations (PR), Communications, Marketing, Copywriting or Journalism or busy with final year pending completion of a formal internship/work experience component of the diploma or degree.
• A valid driver’s license (an advantage).
• Some leadership skill set/ roles evident during schooling or studying period (an advantage)
• Any rudimentary experience in the World of Work during studies (an advantage)
Skills & Competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (professional)
• Strong grammar skills
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Good listener
• Ability to think conceptually and strategically
• Must be very organized
• Time management – works well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines, able to multi-task
• Ability to cope with setbacks, is flexible and can easily adapt to changes
• Ability to work closely in a small team, but can also work independently without constant supervision
• Proactive and results driven (passionate, energetic, "go-getter")
• Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Close Date: 2016/04/04
CLICK HERE TO APPLY