The position of a digital marketer (intern) at Saatchi & Saatchi Synergize is centered on working with our account managers, copywriters and digital strategists to help drive results for clients. The responsibilities listed within this document do not include or define all tasks which the post-holder may be expected to carry out. Duties may vary dependent on agency conditions and changing level of responsibility. The post-holder may also be required to carry out any other duties as required by their line manager.
- Conduct exhaustive site audits and compile benchmark reports.
- Take responsibility for specific clients and drive implementation of these strategies.
- Closely monitor client performance in Analytics and on the SERPs. Ensure that we are achieving the targets we set and manage clients' expectations if necessary.
- If an agreed upon strategy isn't working as expected, develop a revised approach that you believe would yield results. Meet with the head of SEO and/or the head of digital strategy to discuss this.
- Work with the broader team to improve internal SEO systems and processes.
- Strong understanding of website architecture and the role it plays in SEO.
- Understanding of usability and information architecture.
- Understanding of social media.
- Top-level understanding of HTML and other development languages
- Proficient in MS Office - particularly Excel.
- Project management/internal
- Keep client services up-to-date on account performance and proactively flag any issues.
- Assist the head of SEO and head of digital strategy in managing link builders and arrange regular meetings with copywriters to ensure that content schedules are on track.
Skills and experience required
- Deadline driven with the ability to remain calm when under pressure.
- Ability to work within a team structure or independently.
- Good time and project management skills.
- Analytical thinker/problem solver - able to devise and execute relevant solutions.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Well organised, with a proven ability to multitask.
- Fast learner.
- Minimum and preferred qualifications - Diploma or degree in Marketing, Advertising, Programming, Development or related field.
- Agile and able to quickly react to change.
- Personable, enthusiastic and motivated with an innate desire to provide service excellence that routinely raises the bar.
- Ability to think strategically at a business level and tactically at an operational level.
- Reliable, honest and trustworthy.
- Diplomatic and tactful.
- Energetic with a commitment to personal growth and company success.
- Intelligent with a positive attitude to every endeavour undertaken.
Car licence and transport
Contact: Jason Smit
Location: Cape Town