IBM is currently searching for young talents for their IT and Leading to Africa Internship programmes. The intent of this internships is to build an important recruitment channel for their business in South Africa by providing a short-term real world experience.
IBM’s internship programs provide assignments for students to become familiar with IBM’s organization, work style, culture and global reach. Students in this program have expressed interest in working in South Africa, if such a position is offered after a successful completion of the internship program.
As part of this program, positions are currently opened for different business including Systems for technical opportunities in Information and Technology, Software including Mobile and Security, Sales &Distribution.
The ideal intern must
- Demonstrate a passion for sales and technology
- Have sales, customer services, or industry experience through school projects, prior jobs, or internships/co-ops
- Possess analytical skills and understanding of financial principles
- Be a self starter and have demonstrated leadership experience
- Possess people and teaming skills
- Possess the technical ability to help develop business solutions
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Be majoring in an area of business with proven academic success (general business, marketing, management, etc)
- Be able to independently travel to local IBM clients and meetings.
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree
How to apply