Job framework for the Legal Intern
- To ensure proper processing of complaints lodged by members of the public at the SABFS;
- To facilitate a resolution of complaints, where applicable;
- To assist with registering complaints which cannot be resolved at query level;
- To engage sheriffs and complainants orally and in writing, to achieve the above goals;
- To assist the GM Legal & Complaints with documentary preparation for Disciplinary Inquiries;
- To contact and engage with witnesses to Disciplinary Inquiries;
- To assist with the logistical arrangements involved in scheduling and holding Disciplinary Inquiries;
- To perform desktop inspections and physical inspections, when necessary;
- To compile statistics of activities/output in the legal division;
- To assist in the preparation and conduct of committee meetings;
- To vet inspection reports and ensure that they are in order for purposes of drafting charges;
- To undertake legal research, if required.
LEGAL INTERNSHIP FOR 1 STUDENT AT THE SOUTH AFRICAN BOARD FOR SHERIFFS [SABFS]. CONTACT SIMONE JONES AT ON 021/4260577 EXT 42 NOT LATER THAN FRIDAY 04 MARCH 2016 OR EMAIL YOUR CV TO Simone@sheriffs.org.za
A LLB graduate or a candidate who is about to complete her/his LLB degree is preferred. This is an internship and not a position as a candidate attorney. A monthly stipend will be paid. A valid South African ID is required.