The graduate training programme at takealot.com will prepare you for software development in takealot.com’s large-scale and fast-paced environment. Over the course of 10 weeks you will be receive training on a variety of areas such as Python development, MySQL, QA as well as several in-house built frameworks. You will be given the opportunity to shadow all business units, including a visit to our impressive Cape Town warehouse. You will be given lectures, labs and projects. Experienced mentors will be available throughout this programme.
After your graduation ceremony, all of our engineering teams will present their open positions for your consideration. Once successfully in your new team, you will be involved in the full software life cycle, from the requirements gathering, design and development to ownership and maintenance. Our fast-paced agile deployment cycle means we can iterate quickly and deploy improvements for our customers on a daily basis. You will have the opportunity to contribute throughout the company to make takealot.com even more awesome.
- BSc Computer Science
- Programming experience in Python, Ruby, Java, C#, C++, C
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of data structures / algorithms
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented Programming
- Linux knowledge
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to employ Exceptional Minds, people who are:
- Experts at DOING, they can not only design but also execute;
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions.
- Curious. Always questioning the status quo;
- Not averse to risk;
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- Self directed, taking action based on own initiative;
- User focused, always trying to understand a product from the users perspective;
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
Are you an Exceptional Mind? if so come and join us!
Click here to apply online