Ernst & Young (EY) seeks a Finance Trainee to join its team in Johannesburg.
Reporting to the ED – Finance the holders of the position will coordinate and facilitate the budgeting and budgetary control, job costing, financial analysis, preparation of financial statements and in liaison with the ED- Finance monitor and report on timely basis the financial measures of the various KPI both at Country and Service-line levels.
In particular, he/she will be required
- To work with management to ensure timely preparation of the Firm’s budgets and the budgetary controls according to the Firm’s vision 2020 strategic objectives and the SL KPI’s.
- To carry out monthly budget reviews for variances of expenditure against budget and provide possible reasons.
- To prepare monthly and annual accounts e.g. Statement of financial position, Statement of comprehensive income, statement of cash-flows and accompanying notes.
- To prepare of Financial statement support schedule and reconciliation of various accounts.
- To prepare monthly and annual financial analysis for strategic and operation planning.
- To track project costs and prepare Inventory reports on daily and monthly basis for use by the management.
- To review and carry out analysis of the Firms balance sheet and various reconciliations
- To continuously evaluate the firm costs with a view of improving efficiency and costs savings
- To maintain Fixed Assets documentation and preparation of monthly Fixed Assets movement schedule.
- To prepare Statutory Returns and Statutory accounts for the firm.
- University graduate preferably B.com, a master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Qualified Accountant from recognized institution ( CPA / ACCA)
- Excellent IT skills particularly in excel, with hands on experience in SAP or any ERP system.
- Minimum of three years relevant working experience within a busy, computerised environment finance department.
- Strong accounting and analytical skills with ability to develop and maintain costs tracking methods of budget performance and variances.
- An excellent team prayer with sound knowledge to assist in delivering the best services to the firm.
How to apply