The University of the Free State is looking for a Technology in Teaching & Learning Intern to join the Centre for Teaching and Learning (CTL) at the QwaQwa Campus. The purpose of the internship programme is to offer graduates (diploma/degree), with no relevant work experience, the opportunity to obtain practical workplace exposure and experience.
Assumption of duties: 1 June 2016, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Salary: The salary scale is available on request.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support towards online/blended learning modules on the official Learning Management System (Blackboard).
- Development of blended/online learning material and activities with various learning technologies, including (but not limited to) the official Learning Management System (Blackboard), as well as Articulate.
- Provide first line troubleshooting and support on the official Learning Management System (Blackboard).
- Provide support in the preparation, implementation and evaluation of student and/or academic staff training within the Curriculum Delivery and Innovation focus area.
- Provide general administrative and logistical support for various Curriculum Delivery research projects, including but not limited to the iPad project.
- Provide assistance in data collection and analysis in various research projects (including, but not limited to the iPad project).
- Provide general administrative and logistical support in the Curriculum Delivery and Innovation focus area.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Intermediate computer skills, including but not limited to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work effectively with others and have good interpersonal skills.
- Be highly organised and have the ability to manage events/processes effectively and independently.
- Strong writing skills in English.
- Be able to work well under pressure.
The following criteria apply to the selection of candidates:
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- The candidate must be available for a period of 1 year to participate in the project.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Closing date is 22 April 2016. Click here to apply online
For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3934/3687.