An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Universe Developer at OUTsurance in Gauteng. You will be joining our dynamic and experienced team designing, developing and implementing OUTsurance’s line of business systems. Culture fit is key to this great team, diverse in their thinking with an environment high in collaboration to assist in our deliverables in an Agile methodology.
- A completed University Degree (BSc Computer Science or BCom Informatics) with a track record of academic excellence (above 70% for all subjects)
- A Matric Certificate with a track record of academic excellence.
- No Rocket Universe experience needed at all – we’ll train the appropriate candidate into the role
OUTsurance is one of the largest users of Rocket Universe technologies in South Africa and develop multi-platform systems across a range of financial services products and across various countries including Australia and New Zealand.
The ideal candidate would have excelled academically and would want to work for an international organization which has a proven track record of developing world class customer centric technologies. He or she would also be eager to gain exposure to Universe technologies and grow a career as an experienced Rocket Universe developer within a team of developers who are experts in their field.
- Growing into an IT Systems Developer role through guidance and mentorship from experienced developers on Rocket Universe and SB + Technologies
- Development and maintenance on in-house systems
- Cross pollination of development environments will expose the ideal candidate to other technologies (such as Microsoft technologies)
- Adhering to deadlines in a demanding environment while maintain high quality standards
An ideal candidate will be able to align their personal work values to the OUTsurance values of leadership, passion, profitability, recognition, people development, honesty, respect and awesome service. Enthusiastic in dealing with challenges in a stressful, deadline orientated environment is essential.
If this sounds like the environment for you and you’re interested in earning a competitive salary at one of the leading short term insurers in the country then apply now!
How to apply
Applications close on 30 April 2016.