Bytes Universal Systems (BUS) is looking for 7 Business Development Trainees in Midrand, Johannesburg.
BUS is a division of Altron TMT that provides a portfolio of IT services, software and solutions including Infrastructure, Data Centre Transformation & Cloud Services, Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) and Workforce Management Solutions.
The Sales Development Programme is a structured programme, aimed at equipping trainees with theoretical, industry and job knowledge and practical skills to pave the way for a successful career in sales and business. Trainees will be part of a selected group of young talent receiving intensive workplace experience to understand the organisation and cross-functional areas in other divisions for broader understanding of different aspects of the business.
Purpose of the job
- To actively participate in the Altron Sales Development Programme in order to graduate into an active Business Development role.
- To ultimately contribute to the retention and further penetration of all existing Bytes Universal Systems (BUS) customers and to develop the business by identifying new business opportunities and growing the customer base.
- Actively participate in the Altron Sales Development Programme activities such as classroom based sessions, coaching, mentoring, action-based learning assignments and workplace experience.
- Continuously enhance own knowledge of Bytes Universal Systems solutions to ensure correct and successful business development engagements.
- Develop a complete understanding of the customer segments and facilitate market intelligence activities for the sector to identify clients and client’s needs.
- Map customer requirements to the available solutions of the organisation or to the expertise and skills within the organisation.
- Provide strategic inputs through proposals based on what the market demands.
- Conduct presentations for customers based on their needs and requirements.
- Strategise effectively to create new customers on a continuous basis.
- Conduct budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Meet the set Business Development targets on a monthly basis.
- Create solid relationships with customers.
- Set evaluation parameters to gauge the customer satisfaction about the solutions and continuously monitor customer satisfaction.
- Track own business development activities, analyse quarterly progress and suggest new strategies based on findings.
- Relevant qualification
- Business Acumen
- Commercial Thinking
- Customer Orientation
- Leadership Skills
- Planning and Organising
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Relating and Networking
- Analytical Skills
How to apply
Applications close on 29 April 2016.