- Undertaking tax research as requested by the Tax Managers
- Presenting at internal tax training workshops
- Assist with preparation of the South African group of companies corporate income tax returns
- Assist with preparation of the South African group of companies provisional, forecast and budgeted tax computations
- Assist with preparation of certain South African VAT returns Assist the Indirect Tax Manager with compliance related to Customs
- Assist Tax Managers during interim and final year audits
- Assist with preparation of the annual tax reporting packs for the South African group of companies
- Assisting with the compilation of responses to queries raised by the South African tax authority
- Assisting with the compilation and review of the country by country reporting templates
- Assisting with the preparation of the controlled foreign company returns for the South African group of companies
- Sssisting with the preparation of responses to international tax and transfer pricing queries that are raised by the tax authority
- Assist with issuing of opinions and drafting/reviewing Audit Committee packs
The graduate will gain experience in the following areas:
- Reviewing and recommending changes on system related policies, processes, procedures and business rules.
- Analysing and providing insight to movements on VAT liability, Deferred Tax and Income Tax expense.
- Challenging the status quo and providing meaningful input into ways of decreasing MTN SA’s Tax burden.
- Ensuring that adequate controls are incorporated into new systems and products and also making sure those functional requirements are adequate to ensure that tax leakage is minimised.
- Continuous improvement of process and integration of various systems to improve efficiencies.
- Identification of system inefficiencies
- Recommending innovative solutions to enhance MTN SA’s performance
- Network building and maintaining relationships (internal and external)
- BCom preferred. Bcom Hons an advantage
- H.Dip (Tax) or similar
- Completed articles an advantage
- No previous tax experience required