ArcelorMittal South Africa, Vanderbijlpark Works invites applications for an opportunity to be trained as artisan in the following fields: Welder, Boilermaker, Fitter, Millwright, Electrician, Instrumentation, Refractory Mason.
ArcelorMittal is the world’s leading steel and mining company with 115 million tonnes of annual production capacity and 222.000 employees across 60 countries, The company is the leader in all major global steel manufacturing; including automotive, construction, household appliances and packaging, with leading research and development and technology, as well as sizable captive supplies of raw material and distribution network.
Applicants need to be in possession of the following qualifications:
- A complete Grade 12 qualification with English, Physical Science, applicable trade theory subject and an additional trade related technical subject-all passed with a minimum of 50%, and Mathematics passed with a minimum of 45%.
- A complete technical Grade 12 qualification with English, Physical Science and an applicable N3-N6 trade theory subject and an additional N3-N6 trade related technical subject-all passed with minimum of 50% and Mathematics passed with a minimum of 45%.
- A complete NCV Level 4 with related technical subjects. All passed with minimum of 50% and Mathematics passed with a minimum of 45%.
- Previous recognised formal trade related institutional training will be an advantage. A contractual training agreement will apply. The bursary includes specified training cost, PPE, payment of institutional training, personal insurance as well as bursary allowance. Permanent employment on completion of trade test is not guaranteed.
How to apply
Closing date is 30 August 2016. Applicants must forward a complete CV, copy of ID, qualifications certificates and statements of results to AdminHubVDB@arcelormittal.com (Please quote reference VDB-APPR-01 and indicate the trade you are applying for).
- Preference will be given to previously disadvantaged groups
- The successful candidates will be subject to a medical examination
- By submitting your application, you give consent for us to use your personal information for recruitment
Via – ArcelorMittal SA