The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the the principles of employment equity. People with disabilities are encourages to apply. Learner Firefighter contract post are available.
Ref: SS 31/16
- Grade 12 qualification with Mathematics and Physical Science preferred.
- You must be 18 years and older.
- Must not suffer from fear of confined spaces and heights
- Must be physically fit
- Previous experience in a fire-related industry would be advantageous
- Ability to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No criminal record
- Must be possession of a Code B(08) driver's license.
Candidates will be required to successfully complete the required training for firefighters, namely Firefighter 1, Hazmat Awareness and First Aid level 3.
Candidates need to pass a physical assessment comprising of the following:
- Reach test
- 2.4 Km run within prescribed time
- Dead load carry
- Ladder climb
- Claustrophobia/Acrophobia test.
Candidates must also pass a written assessment which included Mathematics and Comprehension, behavioural assessment and medical evaluation PRIOR to appointment.
- Only contract positions available for duration of training.
- Candidates will advance to permanent Learner Firefighter positions on successful completion of the training programme
- Required to wear a uniform.
To be considered for these positions and participate in the assessments, applicants must follow the instructions as detailed below:
If you surname starts with
- A,B,C,D or E - Date: 06 June 2016
- F,G,H,I,J or K - Date: 7 June 2016
- L,M or N - Date: 8 June 2016
- O,P,Q,R or S - Date: 9 June 2016
- T, U, V, W, X, Y, or Z - Date: 10 June 2016
Come Throught to this place for testing:53 Berkley Road,
(old abattoirs premises)
by no later than 8:00am
Bring along (COMPULSORY)
- Original ID Document
- Recently certified copy of ID
- Recently certified copy of Grade 12 Certificate
- Recently certified copy of Drivers license
- PT clothes and running shoes
- Be prepared for all weather conditions
NO correspondence will be entered into with unsuccessful applicants or with third parties.
Closing Date: 03 June 2016
1. Please quote reference number of the vacancy in all communications
2. Certified copies of qualifications must be available on request
3. Visit our website at www.capetown.gov.za/careers
4. No late applications will be considered
5. If no notification of appointment is received within 3 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.