Duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with activities for marketing of KovsieGear shop, exhibitions, and branding projects.
- Assist with selling of KovsieGear merchandise.
- Ensure professional customer service and the upholding of the image of the shop continuously.
- Keep shop tidy and shelves neat.
- Label and unpack of new stock, and quality control of merchandise on delivery.
- Assist with deliveries to clients on campus.
- Perform general office administration.
- Update content on intranet, and assist with brand audits.
- Assist other units with duties as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Corporate and Marketing Communication.
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Basic computer skills in MS Excel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to function with ease in the University's richly diverse working environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Time-management skills.
- Creative thinking in the merchandise environment.
- Not currently participating in an existing learnership/internship programme.
- Willing to sign a learnership/internship agreement with the UFS.
- Candidate must be available for a period of 1 year.
- Postgraduate qualification will serve as a recommendation.
Closing date: 18 May 2016.
Salary: The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 9962/9161.
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- a detailed curriculum vitae;
- copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications);
- a copy of your identity document (ID).
CLICK HERE TO APPLY