Snackworks, a division of AVI, is looking for an Electrical Engineering Graduate in KwaZulu-Natal. Snackworks is responsible for the biscuit and snacking portfolio under AVI.
AVI Limited is home to many of South Africa’s leading and best-loved brands including Five Roses, Frisco, Ellis Brown, Bakers, Pyotts, Willards and I&J to name a few. Great international and local Fashion Brands in the AVI stable include Yardley, Lenthéric, Coty, Spitz, Carvela, Kurt Geiger, Lacoste, Gant and Green Cross Shoes.
We are very proud of the history, present innovation and future prospects associated with each of our brands and businesses, and our engagement with social investment, sustainability, transformation and environmental practices; all indicative of the ethics and governance at the heart of AVI.
You will be exposed to the following:
- Plant upgrades
- Mechanisation and automation
- New product lines
- Delivery of product innovation and efficiency
- Technically advanced machinery and equipment
Practical Experience will include:
You will learn how to manage the technical aspects of a factory while shadowing a business Subject Matter Expert (SME). You will get involved in maintenance of equipment; looking after and preventing breakdowns and managing several strategic projects.
- Newly qualified Electrical Engineer
- Proven leadership abilities (i.e. part-time work experience, leading projects, leading clubs, etc.)
Competencies & Skills Required
- Desire to become a specialist in a technical environment
- Strong technical ability
- Strong Excel, CAD and MS Projects experience
- Highly hands-on and willing to get your “hands dirty”
- Resilient, flexible and open to change
- Ability to analyse and solve problems
Applications close on 07 May 2016.