Duties and Responsibilities
The intern will be responsible for:
- Assist with the implementation of the Making Access Possible (MAP) Communications Strategy ie writing press releases, reading knowledge outputs, checking outputs for printing, following up with designers, etc;
- Assist with the data and online approach of the MAP Data Portal;
- Assist in the uploading of documents on the MAP website;
- Assist in writing special focus notes on financial inclusion for the MAP countries.
- Support the MAP team in the day to day organisation of MAP Programming
- Assist in sourcing quotes;
- Assist in the organization of data used on the programme;
- Assist in preparation of promotional material and press advisories relating to conferencing and Finscope launches;
- Support meetings and follow-up communication with MAP partners which include country meetings and other development partners;
- Review and edit existing research and communications materials to ensure the information available current and well informed;
- Provide backstopping to key activities of the MAP team involving planning, implementation and monitoring of results;
- Assist in preparation of reports, corresponding presentations and promotional materials;
- Assist the MAP team in undertaking other tasks on ad-hoc basis depending on current needs.
- Work Arrangements:
- The intern will work full-time in the UNCDF Making Access Possible Programme office in Sunninghill, Johannesburg;
- Work space will be provided, and the intern will have access to a computer;
- Internships are not remunerated. UNCDF policies do not provide for interns to be compensated for travel, salaries and living expenses.
- Strong writing and speaking abilities in English and French;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Data analytical capacity will be an added advantage;
- Knowledge of social media;
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal, communication and administrative skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Able to take initiative and work independently;
- Respect for Diversity;
- Highest standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty;
- Commitment to UNCDFs vision, mission, and strategic goals. Ability to work under minimum supervision and tight deadlines.
Required Skills and Experience
- Journalism, marketing, communication.
- Enrolled in Masters Programme in public relations/marketing/communication/journalism or related field.
- Demonstrated Interest in financial inclusion and questions related to development in general;
- Experience in communications, event management, web development required
- Experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks;
- Excellent computer capabilities (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Notions of Design/Graphics.
- Strong writing and speaking abilities in English and French.
- Applicants to the UNCDF internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined in (a) and (b) above) and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year of graduation.
Application Deadline : 23 May 2016
CLICK HERE TO APPLY