An opportunity has arisen for a recent industrial or mechanical engineering graduate to join Osborn’s internship programme over a period of 12 month. The graduate will form part of the Production & Workshop Department.This role serves to provide the successful candidate with exposure to materials planning and scheduling in order to execute approved improvement projects from conception to inception. The ideal candidate will be able to apply the theoretical knowledge gained in attaining a graduate degree to a manufacturing environment by practically applying best practice.
Osborn is South Africa’s foremost manufacturer of mining and quarrying equipment, offering a full range of crushers, feeders, screens, mineral sizers and conveyors. The company also specialises in skid-mounted crushing and screening plants.RequirementsClick here to apply
- Graduate in either Industrial or Mechanical Engineering.
- Driven individual with an ability to apply logic and problem solving tools to maximize outcome, implement changes and follow up / evaluate its effectiveness.
- He / she must have a passion for manufacturing and the energy to apply process improvements and changes.
- Must have an understanding of manufacturing practices including Lean, Theory of Constraints and World class manufacturing.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Intellectual curiosity is essential and includes a track record of insightful observations coupled with a willingness to propose innovative solutions to business opportunities.
- A strong work ethic is required including previous work experience demonstrating a consistent work pace and persistence to achieve desired outcomes.
- Materials as well as capacity and resource planning and scheduling;
- Inventory control and management;
- Warehouse optimization and management; and
- Logistics of manufacturing in a heavy engineering environment