The CSIR has an Internship opportunity for a dynamic and self-motivated media and communication or journalism graduate in the National Cleaner Production Centre of South Africa (NCPC-SA), hosted by the CSIR Implementation Unit on behalf of the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti). The purpose of this internship is to equip newly graduates with practical experience. This position is based in Pretoria.
• Develop and appropriately package written and digital media content concerning the centre and its projects, for dissemination through various channels, platforms and media;
• Conduct research and source information in the green industry space;
• Develop copy for various purposes and channels, in cluding (but not limited to) press releases, web and Intraweb stories, advertisements and case studies;
• Follow up with suppliers and service providers to produce final products;
• Monitor online and social media for developments relevant to the NCPC-SA and
report to the communication team so they can respond accordingly.
This will include:
o Monitoring activity related to the NCPC-SA’s business on social media discussion forums such as Twitter, blogs and other platforms; and
o Researching suitable bloggers and platforms for possible use by the NCPC-SA.
• Capture data accurately;
•Provide operational support in terms of administrative duties for the Communication team;
•Assist in the planning and execution of centre events such as stakeholder visits, conferences, staff social events, etc., and work at the NCPC-SA stand during exhibitions and conferences;
• Assist in extracting and adapting information from interviews or documents in a format suitable for various media platforms.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• A three year qualification in journalism, communication or media studies;
•English writing skills as a primary deliverable;
•Knowledge of and experience in the use of social media is critical;
• Good word processing and typing skills with a high accuracy rate;
•Knowledge of other digital media tools, including video will be an advantage (links to online examples of such work would be useful);
•Proven ability to work in a team;
•Willingness to travel to sites where the project team is working.
Applicants should provide their Twitter handle and Facebook profile, as well as any other social media accounts where they are active in their CV or application.
Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Internship – Media and Communication: Reference No: 306753).
Closing date: 16 May 2016. CSIR will not accept late applications.