As part of the project, Intern will undergo intensive training in Municipal Accounting and Financial Management. The Accounting and Financial areas include inter alia:
- Revenue Collection and Debtors Administration
- Procurement and Payment of Creditors
- Cash Flow and Investment Management
- Risk Management and Short Term Insurance
- Bank Reconciliation and Financial Statements
- Budgeting and in year reporting
- The candidate must be unemployed
- The candidate must not exceed the age of 35
- Belong to the previously disadvantaged group or background
- Must have an appropriate Accounting or Auditing Degree/Diploma or Financial Management with Accounting II as a subject.
- Must be computer literate with extensive knowledge of MS Office, Software Packages (MS Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to speak at least two languages spoken within the Council’s area of jurisdiction,
- Must be willing to undergo a performance assessment during the internship programme.
- Applicants must come from the local area of jurisdiction (Ndlambe Area).
The closing date is 07 June 2016 at 12h00To apply, please send your C.V, certified copies of qualifications, ID document, driver’s license and covering letter (including details of at least 3 contactable references) to the *Human Resource Unit*, Ndlambe Municipality, P.O. Box 13; Port Alfred, 6170. Please note that no late, emailed or faxed applications will be considered. A prospective candidate must declare any previous information that might compromise Ndlambe Municipality/candidate.
All applications who do not receive any response within 21 days of the advertisement, should know that their applications have not been successful. The Municipality does not notify applicants whose applications were unsuccessful; however they are thanked for showing interest in the Municipality