The position is based in Cape Town, with the appointee reporting to the managing editor. The role requires an eye for detail, an inquiring mind and a passion for food. A proactive, self-motivated, hard-working team player will relish this challenge.
- Collating and sending entries
- Drawing winners with auditors (managing that process) - this is a monthly process.
- Notifying and liaising with winners
- Liaising with Woolworths and clients who need to supply prizes
- Sending prizes to winners
- Collate and photocopy applications
- Set up interviews
- Assist with interview process
- Managing TASTE's mailbox – replying to reader queries
- Supplying letters for the feedback page
- Fielding questions for Woolworths expert
- Stationery requests (including business cards)
- Sending of voucher copies
- Readers calls and trafficking telephonic queries
- Assisting with back issue requests
- Generic office administration of magazines, photocopying and deliveries
- Fluent in English and Afrikaans
- Planning and organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Project coordination skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent writing skills
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Relevant tertiary qualification in journalism and/or related media will be to their advantage, or any relevant work experience
Location: Cape Town
Closing date for applications: 20 May 2016. No late applications will be accepted.
Please note that if you have not heard from us by 1 June 2016, you should regard your application as unsuccessful.
In terms of its employment-equity policy, New Media Publishing aims to provide equal opportunities. New Media Publishing reserves the right to leave the position unfilled should a suitable candidate not be found.
All appointments will be made in line with the New Media Publishing EE Strategy.