Doctors Without Borders (MSF) seeks a Social Media Intern to join its Digital Team in Braamfontein for a period of six months. Reporting to the Senior Online Coordinator, the intern will be instrumental in helping the organisation raise awareness and engagement using MSF SA’s social channels. The intern will also be expected to contribute towards MSF’s objective of becoming increasingly digital.
The role will play a direct part in the growth of social engagement; maximising current social channels and identifying new areas of growth. The role will also play a part in the development and deployment of innovative social media strategies and initiatives.
MSF is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters, or to people that are excluded from access to health care. The organisation has health projects in more than 70 countries.
- Work with the Digital Team to devise and implement evolving digital marketing and keeping the website and social media sites current and ensuring they complement each other. Build relationships with users by creating and sharing content with them, as well as engaging with them on social media.
- Measuring and reporting social media activities.
- Respond and proactively engage with users of social media.
- Track and grow social media engagement rates.
- Support other communications related activities when required.
- Studies in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or similar field.
- Good working knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, related Apps & other social networking tools & platforms.
- Some experience in managing social media accounts a distinct advantage.
- Creative and flexible approach to work, and ability to work well within a team.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English.
- An interest in humanitarian issues.
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and interdepartmentally
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to carry out different tasks simultaneously and to prioritise time and resources accordingly whilst maintaining an overview of all activity
- Good interpersonal, team-working and negotiation skills
- A positive mental attitude, persistence and the desire to learn
- The ideal candidate for this role will be hard working and fast learning
- A creative, out-of-the-box thinker
- Experience using social media monitoring tools
- Experience creating social media campaigns
- Image/Video editing skills
- Experience using a Content Management System (CMS) (Drupal 7 beneficial)
- An awareness of industry best practice
Click here to apply online