The South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) invites applications for 15 Electrotechnical Internship positions. The purpose of the programme is to develop Intern on how to conduct laboratory operations within a commercial environment, according to QMSs and Accreditation requirements.
SABS is a leading global provider of standards, management systems, business improvement and regulatory approval information.
Training Programme Outline
Conduct tests and generate test results and reports thereof
- Plan and prepare to conduct tests
- Receive and record all samples from clients before testing
- Conduct manual or automated tests and generate test results using conventional test methods • Record test results
- Interpret test methods
- Prepare and apply calibration procedures
- Demonstrate the appropriate maintenance and basic trouble shooting requirements
- Calibrate and verify test equipment
- Participate in in-house test validations
- Conduct all activities assigned to maintain the Quality Management System and Accreditation Maintain all aspects of the laboratory’s quality system in accordance with the Quality Manual and the laboratory’s accreditation to the relevant ISO standard e.g. ISO 17025, and OHS requirements Adhere to SABS HSE policies and procedures
- Ensure responsible housekeeping within the work area at all times or as directed by management
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to all safety principles and procedures
- Keep up with all the changes in the OHS requirements
- Provide excellent customer service by meeting and exceeding the client requirements
- Handle queries and resolve problems within sphere of control
- Attend to customer issues within sphere of control within the agreed time frame
- National Diploma/B-Tech/ B degree/ BSc in Electrical and/or Electronics Engineering
- Honours and Masters in Electrical and Electronics Engineering will be an added advantage
- Computer Literate (MS Office suite, Internet etc.)
- Willingness to learn (ISO 17025 and other laboratory related courses)
- Conveys information, thoughts, and opinions by writing or speaking in a persuasive manner appropriate to the audience. Listens carefully and attentively, and clarifies and confirms the understanding of others’ messages.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the implicit (emotional) message as well as the explicit message of any communication.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of customers’ industries and core business processes, and their technical and business requirements. Builds significant long-term relationships with key customer contacts.
- Demonstrates resourcefulness by exploring a range of alternatives and options to resolve problems. Quickly recognizes new problems and develops solutions within appropriate time scales.
- Considers the impact of decisions/actions beyond the boundaries of own organization/team. Influences key people to support the achievement of team and line of business goals. Builds networks of contacts that can help in attaining goals.
- Seeks out new approaches and ideas for continuous improvement. Anticipates problems and can identify and help implement new and unique ways to ensure high-quality service levels.
The SABS has a policy of developing staff where possible to meet current and future needs; candidates should be prepared to undergo further training if required.
Applications must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any enquiries contact Takalani Nzima @ 012 428 6959