The Thandulwazi Maths & Science Academy is an educational programme offered by the Thandulwazi Trust and the St Stithians Foundation. The academy is hosted by St Stithians College. Established in October 2005, the academy advances the teaching and learning of Maths and Science in schools in and around Gauteng.
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A CAREER AS A TEACHER OF MATHEMATICS OR SCIENCE?
The Thandulwazi Intern-Teacher Training Programme, in partnership with St Stithians College, is offering prospective teachers the opportunity to study towards a part-time 4-year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) or 2-year postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), through UNISA, while gaining workplace experience at St Stithians College. These positions will be appointed from January 2017.
Preference will be given to aspiring teachers who are:
- Passionate about exploring a career in teaching Mathematics, Life Sciences, Physical or Natural Science.
- Students already registered in one of the above courses with UNISA.
- Grade 12 learners eager to explore a career in teaching who display strong academic results especially in Maths and/or Science. Applicants need to have obtained a minimum of 60% in the required subjects in order to be considered.
- South African citizens residing in Johannesburg.
- From previously disadvantaged groups and/or students in need of financial assistance. (Students who wish to gain on-the-job experience, but don’t need financial assistance may also apply).
Benefits you will receive:
- Mentoring by an experienced educator.
- Valuable professional training and workplace experience within an IEB school environment.
- In addition, you may qualify for one or more of the following benefits, depending on your financial needs analysis:
- Payment of tuition fees at UNISA and a textbook allowance.
- Daily meal allowance during term time.
- Workshop conference allowance.
- A monthly stipend.
Please note that there is no accommodation offered as part of this programme.
If you would like to apply for this wonderful opportunity, please apply online by clicking on the following link:
Closing date for Applications: 13 May 2016.
Please do not phone or email the College directly as we will only consider applications that have been submitted via the online application process. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by no later than 30 June 2016.