The Intern’ s work programme will centre around the Municipality’s needs and may include work in the areas of budgeting, annual financial statement preparation, supply chain management, internal control, asset management, revenue management, expenditure management and financial reporting, client services and debtor services. Applicants should be interested in gaining experience and pursuing a career in Local Government finances, and have a desire to contribute to community development through participation in public s ervice.
- BComm Accounting / Finance / Internal Audit or National Diploma in Accounting / Finance / Internal Audit or equivalent qualification
- Sound understanding of computer literacy, e.g. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Strong work ethic a nd enthusiasm to learn various components of financial management.
- Assist in developing financial policies and procedures
- Compile financial statements and management reports
- Compile the annual budget
- Control and manage municipal bank accounts and investments
- Assist in the management of debtors and credit control processes
- Analyse reconciliations and finances
- Effectively manage the supply chain
- Manage assets and liabilities.
Closing Date: 25 MAY 2016Applicants should note that if they are not notified of the outcome of their applications within 90 days of the closing date for submission of applic ations, they may conclude that their applications were not successful. The municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment following the placement of this advertisement. Applications containing a letter of application, curriculum vitae and cert ified copies of all qualifications as well as identification document marked “Intern (Finance)” shall be sent to:
The Municipal Manager
Thembelihle Local Municipality
Private Bag X3
Tel: 053 203 005 / 8 / 442