Aon South Africa has exciting entry level positions for Graduates within their Broking & Finance business units in Sandton, Gauteng. Aon is a leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services.
Broking Purpose: Provide support to the Brokers in reinsurance technical accounting and related administration functions through understanding and analysing terms and conditions, processing and reconciling all accounts
Finance Purpose: The successful incumbent will be responsible for assisting in producing and/ or providing quality checks in respect of documentation and transactional activities required supporting the placement of business.
- Capturing of reinsurance monies received on system
- Paying of reinsurance premiums and claims on a daily basis and distribution of these details of payment.
- Bank reconciliations on a daily basis.
- Foreign exchange dealer.
- Month End processing.
- General administration relating to reinsurance technical accounting duties according to SLA’s with clients and Aon Benfield.
- Loading of accurate information on GRiDS system.
- Following up on payments with Reinsurers.
- Preparing profit commission and slides for clients.
- Processing on surplus and quota shares accounts.
- Calculation of reserves.
- Tracking outstanding claims.
- Preparation and tracking of cash calls.
- Adherence to processes and procedures at all time
- Doing amendments on contract wordings, issue endorsements, send cover slips to Reinsurers and issue cover notes to Clients.
- Preparing and updating financial analysis reports.
- Processing clients’ contracts and documentation on GRiDS system.
- Liaising with internal teams to follow up on invoicing, premium payments, allocation of cash, analysis of client portfolios etc.
- Getting involved in claims when necessary.
- Submitting contract documentation to clients and making necessary follow ups on Appropriate record keeping.
- Assisting in tender processes for potential new clients
- Producing final reinsurance documentation to confirm coverage to clients.
- Drafting renewal proposals.
- Reviewing and checking reinsurance documentation to ensure that it satisfies client requirements and other standards (e.g. regulatory).
- BCom Risk & Insurance
- BCom Accounting Or BCom Finance
- Be articulate and have good communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to commit to excellent client service.
- Have advanced MS Office experience, especially MS Excel.
- Have a high work ethic and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Be analytical and demonstrate problem solving abilities.
- Pay attention to detail.
- Be proactive and take own initiative.
- Be a team player.
How to apply
Applications close on 04 July 2016