The purpose of the role is to develop and maintain application programs using a specified programming language (e.g. C+, Natural) with the focus on automation and business efficiency.
- Use the detailed program design and implementation plan, received from a senior system builder or technical team lead, to develop programs (e.g. Cobol, Java, .net) that accommodates automated output according to Absa Standards with focus on automation, error handling and presentation of output.
- Develop unit test plans, in order to record expected test results during unit testing, by analysing the business requirements document.
- Conduct unit testing as specified in the unit test plan and document the outcomes in order to ensure that the code developed is error free.
- Inform and update the System Developer or technical team lead on the status of all escalated service problems (Severity 1) or outages when they occur and until they are resolved.
- Attend relevant project progress review sessions and provide feedback when required.
- Insert comments in the program code in order to facilitate maintenance of the application.
- Create documentation (e.g. maintenance guide) for all new projects and store the completed documentation in an appropriate repository (e.g. a share point site or central server).
- Working with people
- Coping with pressure and setbacks
- Adhering to principles and values
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectation
- Writing and reporting
- Planning and organising
- Following instructions and procedures
- The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity strategy
- NQF Level 5: Three (3)-year National Diploma/Higher Certificate
- Relevant diploma or higher certificate in computer science or information technology.
- Essential Experience: Not applicable - this position is an entry-level graduate position.
- No previous work experience is required.
- No Criminal Record
- Preference will be given to South African Citizens and Permanent residents of South Africa in possession of proof of permanent resident status.
Closing Date: 7 Jun 2016