- Have at least a full N2 qualification (4 Subjects) Engineering Mathematics, Engineering
- Be declared medically fit for the position and environment, as determined by a risk basedmedical examination at the relevant Gold Fields Occupational Health Centre and pass a Heat Tolerance Screening test.
- Have N2 mathematics, N2 engineering science, N2 Industrial electronic, N2 electrical
FITTER LEARNERSHIP applicant must:
- Have N2 mathematics, N2 engineering science, N2 fitting & machining trade theory, N2
INSTRUMENT MECHANICIAN LEARNERSHIP applicants must:
- Have N2 mathematics, N2 engineering science, N2 Instrumentation trade theory, N2
PLATTER / WELDER LEARNERSHIP applicants must:
- Have N2 mathematics, N2 engineering science, N2 platters trade theory, N2 platters
DIESEL MECHANIC LEARNERSHIP applicants must:
- Have N2 mathematics, N2 engineering science, N2 diesel/motor trade theory, N2
RIGGER LEARNERSHIP applicants must:
- Have N2 mathematics, N2 engineering science, N2 rigging trade theory, N2 engineering drawing
- Undergoing technical training as prescribed by MQA and short courses as required by the
- Abide to the working hours at the mine, Training Centre or technical college.
- Abide by all health and safety rules and regulations applicable on the mine.
- Promoting of team work and being an effective team member.
- Wearing all the prescribed personal protective equipment (PPE) while on mine/ at the
- Abide by the values on the mine i.e. safety, responsibility, honesty, respect, innovation and
Closing Date: 17 June 2016
Applicants are encouraged to email their detailed curriculum vitae and a cover letter clearly stating which learner opportunity they are applying for:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 011 411 1798
Applications can also be submitted at the Hostel Boardroom, South Shaft.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undergo psychometric evaluation as part of the selection process. Successful applicants will be required to sign a training contract for the duration of the training programme. The training contract is not a contract of employment. Preference will be given to learners residing in the South Deep Host Communities and Labour Sending Areas as well as female applicants.