The Regional Chapter is offering a 6-month internship to an individual interested in entrepreneurship and social impact in an emerging market. The individual will be responsible for supporting the chapter staff on event logistics, communications, chapter administration, research, and other tasks as needed.
The responsibilities include:
- Updating information sharing platforms including the member portal, chapter blog and chapter website
- Support on event and conference planning such as logistics and invite lists
- Communication and design work– support the local team and their communication efforts through design of various documents such as the SA newsletter, chapter updates and event invitations
- Provide general support for ongoing initiatives
- Update social media platforms such as Twitter
- Database management
- Research work on projects that may culminate in a final report or presentation
Past intern projects have included research into the landscape of SGB investing, the development of ANDE’s case study series, and launching a salary survey for the field. We are a small staff, with an entrepreneurial culture; interns must be able to both take the lead in developing meaningful projects if required and support ANDE staff in other ongoing projects
Who are we looking for?
- A creative, passionate individual, interested in entrepreneurship in emerging markets
- An undergraduate or post-graduate student majoring in Economics, Business, Finance, Social Entrepreneurship or Impact Investing
- Self-starters able to take initiative and work independently/entrepreneurially
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with people from a variety of cultures and skill levels
- Detail oriented
- Analytical and research experience desired
- Strong organizational skills and project management experience highly valued
- IT Skills – proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint), social media and cloud based email/marketing platform experience (preferable)
- Graphic design and communication skills (preferable)
Details about the role
- 16-20 hours a week
- Schedules are flexible to intern’s availability
- The intern will use his or her own laptop
- Non-traditional hours required on occasion for events
- Experience working for a global network of organizations working in the entrepreneurial and impact investment space in emerging markets.
- The opportunity to learn and connect with entrepreneurial ecosystems and various stakeholders that support SGBs
- Learn about the challenges and opportunities of the sector in South Africa.
- Opportunity to interact with staff and members across the globe.
- Modest stipend provided
Closing Date: 14 June 2016. NO late applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to short listed candidates only. If no correspondence has been received by the 29th of July 2016, applicants should consider their applications as unsuccessful.
How to Apply / Contact
Send your CV –maximum 2 pages- and a cover letter expressing your interest to Lisa van Eck at email@example.com.