We are looking for 3 smart and talented Junior Web Programmer to join the growing Cape Town team (Observatory). The candidate must possess strong HTML and CSS skills.
The candidate must also ideally have some experience in PHP/MySQL or have a desire to become more involved in these technologies in the future.
- An extremely smart and skilled team of web professionals that will help you grow your skills and capabilities
- Bi-annual performance and salary reviews
- World class coffee
- Free breakfast (including Cocoa Pops if you’re quick enough)
- After work drinks on a Friday
- Manage people with the “whip”
- Run out of coffee
- Judge you if you need to stay at home for a day because your geyser burst and the plumber hasn’t arrived and isn’t returning your calls
- Have a dress code
- Initially, you’ll programme website designs into HTML / CSS / Javasc ript (typically using the Expression Engine CMS).
- Your growth path will be towards backend development, specifically with regards to database design and programming (PHP / MySQL) by utilising a variety of frameworks (such as CakePHP)
Key Performance Areas
- Web (HTML, CSS) Programming: Creation of HTML, CSS of a web interface design
- Development using Expression Engine
- A strong desire to learn and grow skills (specifically towards PHP / MySQL
- Use of JQuery to enhance websites
- Development / maintenance using PHP / MySQL
- Hig her Grade Maths
- Experience in HTML, CSS
- Competence in Adobe Photoshop
- Experience in Expression Engine
- Experience in PHP / MySQL
- Relevant diploma or tertiary qualification
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
Closing Date: 30 June 2016. No late applications will be accepted. Applicants who have not been contacted within one month from the closing date should assume that their application has been unsuccessful.
APPLICATIONS FROM RECRUITMENT AGENCIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Via – Lima Bean