Danone Southern Africa currently has a vacancy for a Lab Intern in the Laboratory department to be based at their Boksburg plant. This position is a fixed term contract for 12 (twelve) months.To grow the top line of the brand and to meet budget targets involves taking accountability for the brand and providing a clear sense of direction on the brand to the rest of the team, while keeping people accountable on delivery. Take this opportunity to GROW together!
- Daily data capturing of results
- File inputted data
- File Month End data
- Help with adhoc admin responsibilities for the lab
- Escalate any gaps in records and complete the non-conformance file with the persons details. Take the file to the individual for completion or send a mail for their attention should they be on night shift.
- Collect on line samples as stipulated on the sampling and testing plans.
- Prepare testing solutions and reagents as required for the different tests to be done (Media, diluents and chemical solutions).
- Test samples from milk reception; processing; packaging and utilities as required by various control plans.
- Record results on appropriate result recording sheets.
- Escalate all deviations from specifications to the Quality Engineer on shift and Lab Manager
- Ensure that laboratory non-conforming results are handled as per the non-conformance procedure; and action implemented to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assist R&D department with ad hoc testing
- Ensure that all test results are submitted to the requester
- Ensure that follow up samples are tested for quality assurance
- Check, verify and calibrate lab equipment as per procedure (and stipulated frequency)
- Apply “clean as you go” principles
- Participate in projects and trials as required
- Participate in ad hoc testing as required
- Participate in audits
- Participant in yearly proficiency testing schemes
- Studying towards a Diploma or Degree in Food Technology/ Microbiology
- 0 – 2 years
Via – Danone