Pelchem is looking for a Learner Process Controller (Shift Work) to join the production department on a 12 months contract. The successful candidate will receive a stipend during the course of this internship (REF NO:EC15335)
The objective of the positions
- To provide assistance to various plants in all operational matters within the plant.
- To ensure that all operational matters are conducted in a safe manner in order to allow for maximum output daily.
- To provide the shift foreman/line manager with the required support and feedback in terms of all operational requirements.
Key Performance Areas
- Responsible for daily plant operation, process monitoring, record keeping and equipment checks related to the reactors, pump stations, vessels, etc.
- Stock control, ordering, handling and changing of all cylinders;
- Fault finding;
- Batch sample preparation and placement;
- Handling and changing of all cylinders and or fluorination racks; and
- Assist with packing of products before and loading/offloading of vehicles as and when required.
- Grade 12 Certificate with Mathematics and Science
- National Diploma in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- Medically fit to be registered as occupationally exposed worker (noise and chemical worker).
- Good inter-personal as well as verbal & written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Good team player skills and time management.
- Must be able to work under pressure and weekends as required.
Closing date is 17 June 2016. Please forward your updated CV with certified copies of your educational qualifications to Zwonaka.Makhani@pelchem.necsa.co.za