The purpose of a phlebotomy technician learner is to collect blood and non-blood specimens within a learning environment under the supervision of a registered nurse. Classroom training and practical training will take place at any of AMPATH’s depots in the three regions. Learners will be taught anatomy and physiology, medical ethics, laboratory safety (including HIV infection prevention), and how to safely collect blood and non blood specimens for medical pathology and blood transfusion purposes. No accommodation or transport will be provided. Upon completion of the Phlebotomy Learnership Programme the learner will be placed in the 3 regions.
Ampath provides comprehensive support services to the incorporated Pathology Laboratory practices of: Drs Du Buisson, Kramer, Swart, Bouwer Inc.
- Grade 12 with English, biology and maths as subjects
- Mathematical literacy NQF level 3
- Literacy NQF level 3
- English (1st language NQF level 3) and (2nd language NQF level 2)
- Communication skills
- Numerical reasoning skills
- Perform phlebotomy related administrative tasks to ensure correct recording and processing of information.
- Manage money/cash flow of depot to facilitate collection of payments for phlebotomy services rendered.
- Perform phlebotomy procedures in order to ensure sufficient delivery of nursing services.
- Perform safety tasks to ensure safety standards are upheld.
- Maintain good client relations to promote the image of Ampath. (30%)
- Customer Focus
- Action orientation
- Problem solving
- Quality orientation
- Interpersonal sensitivity
- Attention to detail
- Task structuring
- Stress management
Deadline for application is 08 July 2016.
Click here to apply online