The company is a leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy-efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as male shaving and grooming and oral healthcare.
Philips has set the goal to improve the lives of 3billion people by 2025.
To this end health care innovations, including products and services targetted to primary health care in the emerging economies are an important means to realise this ambition.
Philips in Southern Africa is seeking to address this unmet public health need of primary health care access through sustainable business modles.
- In order to design , commercialise and scale up these technologies in this market,Philips seeks a public health self starter, willing to work at an operational level to consolidate the execution of Philips initiatives in primary health care in Southern Africa.
- With an understanding of the eocnomic lansdscape that governs the primary health care in Africa, the players that finance health care, the individual will work closely with the team to model appropriate go to market models for the market, gather relevant market intelligence and work at an operational level to execute the strategies.
- Public health in most countries in Southern Africa remains responsibility of government , who will be the major custimer is managed byalso requires innovative technologies to enable diagnostic capability of health care workers.
- As such the individual should be willing to liase with the relevant government authorities.
- A degree in Health Sciences or Public Health Economics.
- A background on health technology assessments in relation to public health economics is required. Research skills around data collection are key.
- Creativity, commitment and a proactive attitude are important attributes.
- Understanding of Portuguese is a plus.
Applications accepted until: 2016-07-27
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.