MSF SOUTHERN AFRICA
MSF has carried out projects in South Africa since 1999. In 2007, MSF consolidated its presence in the country by opening a delegate office in Johannesburg, which is part of a network of 20 MSF offices worldwide. MSF Southern Africa recruits health and other professionals to work in MSF projects around the world while also raising funds to support our international work.
MSF SA is looking for an intern to join the Resources Unit of MSF SA. The Resources Unit’s main purpose is to facilitate the smooth running of the MSF SA office. The main functions include finance, IT, office administration and HR. The Resources Department is a valuable part of the organisation and provides diligent and effective support to the office.
MSF aims to use the majority of funds raised in project activities and to minimalise administration costs, thus we are highly dependent on donations that support the efficient functioning of the office, such as office equipment, stationary, training materials etc. The intern position involves a variety of clerical tasks to contribute to the efficiency of the Johannesburg office, but will have a big focus on pro bono donors. The MSF SA office in Johannesburg has recently moved to bigger premises and we are thus in need of a variety of office supplies. The intern's main function will involve building relationships with potential pro bono partners and securing donations that support the office’s operations.
- Phoning and arranging meetings with pro bono partners
- Securing sponsorships and donations in the form of office equipment, furniture and stationery
- Building and maintaining relationships with potential pro bono partners
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the Resources Unit
- Working experience with sponsorships and donors
- Fluent command of English
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills
- Great team player
- Computer literacy
- Administration and organisational skills
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision
- Valid driver’s License
- Position is supervised by the Head of Resources in MSF SA.
- Based in Johannesburg Office
- Part-time position (3 days a week)
- 3 month contract
- Daily stipend will be provided
Applications will be assessed after the closing date. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position is based at our offices in Johannesburg CBD.
Starting date of the position: ASAP