SPII seeks to appoint an Intern, based in, Newtown, Johannesburg.
This is a six-month internship contract renewable depending on funding availability.
Start Date: 22 June 2016.
SPII does not offer remuneration for internship positions, a stipend will be provided for travel costs.
- Support research work for the SADC BIG campaign. This includes scoping of network partners in SADC, updating SADC BIG contact list and social media support and the development and layout of the quarterly newsletter and policy briefs
- Conduct in-depth, independent research on policy development around social protection (i.e. basic income), as well as policy framework focusing on poverty alleviation and reducing inequality
- Develop professional research reports on project work and content for SPII publications. Provide active support for the dissemination of the reports and their contents to ensure optimal reach of findings and recommendations
- Assist in coordination and organising of events around the launch of reports produced
- Data analysis and presentation of findings on the Basic Needs Basket project
- A post-graduate degree in political science, economics or related field
- Data analysis and experience using relevant software (i.e. Stata, SPSS, Excel)
- Experience doing policy research work is desirable
- Experience in advocacy work will be an added advantage
- Experience in report-writing and conducting independent research
- Communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Fluency in English
- Passion for social justice and realisation of socio-economic rights.
Opportunity closing date: Wednesday, 15 June, 2016
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For enquiries contact Fortunate at 011 833 0161.
Successful candidates will be notified for interview processes.
For more about Studies in Poverty and Inequality Institute, refer to www.spii.org.za.