Teach SA recruits outstanding recent university graduates to commit to teaching Mathematics, Science, English and Technology in disadvantaged schools, in urban and rural areas, for a period of two years. These TEACH Ambassadors go on to become lifelong leaders in the effort to expand educational opportunity.
Teach SA was founded in 2009 by the business community as a way to improve the quality of education and, as a result, the country’s economic performance. 382 TEACH Ambassadors have so far been placed in eight provinces in 228 schools, impacting about 25 000 pupils. Of these ambassadors 57% remain in the teaching profession.
Requirements To Become a TEACH Ambassador
South African Citizens:
- Applicants must hold a university degree and must have done Maths, Physics, Chemistry, English or Technology for a minimum of one year during the course of their degree.
- Applicants must have graduated in the last five years or will complete their degree by no later than December this year.
- Must meet the above criteria as well as hold or be able to obtain a valid work permit by December this year.
- A record of past achievement: achieving ambitiously, measurable results in academics, leadership, or work experience
- Perseverance in the face of challenges and the ability to be resourceful
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The ability to influence and motivate others
- Organizational ability: planning well, meeting deadlines and working efficiently
- An understanding of our vision and the desire to work relentlessly in pursuit of it
- Respect for students and families in low-income communities
- Evidence that applicants operate with professionalism and integrity
- Successfully pass the cognitive assessment that measures basic reading, writing and comprehension skills
- Pass the assessment to measure competencies for content area assigned to teach
APPLY ONLINE NOW