Candidates learn how to produce content, how to conduct interviews, how to write news bulletins, how to select and schedule music, how to produce promotional clips, how to market events and how to sell advertisements. At the end of it all candidates have an opportunity to get behind the microphone to show the world what they are made of.
- The Y Academy program runs for 6 months, and is based at the YFM studios in Hyde Park, Gauteng.
- Applicants that wish to apply must be unemployed South African citizens over the age of 18 years and must have a valid South African identity document.
- This is an equal opportunity initiative therefore people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- The hours of the skills development program are 08:30 - 17:30, everyday, including weekends and public holidays if need be.
- Candidates that live outside of Gauteng must be willing to relocate at their own cost for at least 6 months.
- A minimal stipend will be paid to cover local transport costs.
Successful applicants will be expected to sign contracts binding them to YFM’s workplace rules, the YFM disciplinary code, and the Broadcasting Code of Conduct.
Successful applicants will receive a small stipend to supplement their travel and accommodation.
The Y-Academy is a skills development program and not an offer of employment. Successful completion of the Y-Academy program does not guarantee employment at YFM or any associated company.
The Y Academy programme will be running for 6 months, and will be based at the YFM office in Hyde Park, Gauteng.
Applicants that wish to apply must be unemployed South African citizens over the age of 18 years and must have a valid South African ID document.
As this is an equal opportunity initiative, people living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
It is important to note that candidates will be required to attend training from 8:30am to 5:30pm and at times after office hours.
Candidates that wish to apply outside their respective residential regions must be willing and able to find their own accommodation in Gauteng for 6 months.
A minimal stipend will be paid to cover local transport costs.
Many Y Academy graduates have gone on to have successful careers in radio and the media space, so apply now and be part of the pool of entertainment game-changers.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY