BDO is looking for an Assistant Financial Planner for its CFP graduate program in its Johannesburg office, starting January 2017.
The role will form part of our trainee program and the successful candidates will be mentored through a structured mentorship program by a qualified CFP.
BDO is group of accounting firms operating throughout Southern Africa and offers accounting, auditing, secretarial, tax, financial services and risk management.
The incumbent will inter alia be responsible for the following:
- Preparing the lists of client Review dates for the Financial Planners;
- Obtaining all client information for the report;
- Initial analysis for new clients;
- Compile the client pack;
- Client appointment;
- Presentation of report; and
- Post appointment activities
- LLB or BCom Financial Planning/BCom Hons Financial Planning
- If applicants only have an undergrad qualification they will be required to be registered in 2016 to complete their studies part time towards becoming a CFP, for which a bursary will be provided subject to meeting the study assistance policy requirements.
- Team player;
- Solution oriented;
- Ability to engage with people at all levels;
- Computer literate, specifically Word and Excel;
- Professional attitude; and
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.