The incumbent will be responsible for financial administration of the projects funded by the programme. This position is based in Pretoria.
The CSIR is a leading scientific and technology research organisation, implementing projects throughout Africa and making a difference in people’s lives.
- Conduct financial administration of projects funded by the BioFISA II Programme
- Ensure corresponding documentation for contracts is available;
- Read contract in confirmation of budget, reporting requests by client, interest clauses and other finance related/binding clauses;
- Assign/capture billing and revenue plans for contracts;
- Prepare and issue invoices to clients;
- Reconcile contract related control and suspense accounts on a monthly basis;
- Pull financial data and prepare Financial Reports;
- Following-up on open orders;
- Place Capital Expenditure orders (Capex) on e-Procurement;
- Ensure Capex orders align with the procurement framework;
- Provide financial management to projects following the implementation guidelines; Assist with year-end processes and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting. An Honours degree will be advantageous;
- A strong work ethic (e.g. accountability and reliability) and ability to work within a dynamic team environment;
- Computer literacy and a working knowledge of MS Excel and Word;
- Good organisation skills; o Record-keeping skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work accurately and pay attention to detail;
- Proactive approach to problem-solving;
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task; and
- Willingness to take on new challenges.
Closing date is 11 August 2016. Should you meet the above requirements, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and surname, position title and reference number on the subject line, (e.g. John Smith: Internship: Finance Administrator: Reference No: 307062).