National Rural Youth Service Corps “NARYSEC” is a skills development programme involving young people residing and making a living in rural settings. It is a long term programme of government facilitated, coordinated and implemented by the DRDLR in partnership with other national, provincial and local structures.
Its intention is to ensure maximum value is derived from the skills and knowledge systems of rural populations. In the end, the enhancement of skills, the development of complete transferable competencies will improve the economic condition of rural areas and young people in particular.
NARYSEC aim is to enhance skills development by providing unemployed rural youth with opportunities to work in their communities and to be trained to provide the necessary services for local socio-economic development.
All youth (men and women of all races and those with disabilities currently residing in rural communities) are invited to apply to participate in this 2 years programme.
In addition, NARYSEC seeks to inculcate a culture of responsible conduct, self-discipline, high moral values, personal confidence and national pride among young people residing in rural areas.
Successful applicant will be required to be away from home for a period of about 4 months attending Leadership Development Training and again be away from home for a period of about 10 months attending Skills Development Training at the TVET College to acquire SAQA accredited qualification. This period include class training at the College for about 4 months and work place (practical) training for about 6 months.
The programme focuses on community development and the successful participants will be required to perform community service in their areas when not in training. Successful applicants will be paid a monthly stipend of R1320.00.
Applicants must be:
- Between 18 and 25 years of age
- In possession of Grade 12 certificate
- From a disadvantaged family
- Not studying with any tertiary institution
- Residing in rural areas
- Prepared to do community service
- No criminal record
Closing date is 27 July 2016 at 16:00. Application forms are obtainable from:
- Nearest Department of Rural Development and Land Reform office
- Offices of the following municipalities: Overstrand, Witzenberg, Wolseley, Cape Agulhas, Oudtshoorn, Matzikama, George, Bergrivier, Swellendam, Beaufort West and Prince Albert.
The following persons may be contacted for any enquiries:
- Beaufort West & Eden – Mr. Sithembiso Fadana: 023 414 2333/060 965 6087
- George – Mr. Sive Matanga: 023 342 0107/071 478 7974
- Bergrivier, Matzikama & Witzenberg – Ms. Odwa Zinto: 027 482 2078/060 965 5960
- Overstrand - Ms. Nwabisa Mtimde: 023 342 0107/060 965 5965
- Swellendam – Mr Sive Matanga : 023 342 0107 /071 478 7974
- Oudtshoorn – Mr Sithembiso Fadana: 023 414 2333 /060 965 6087
- Cape Agulhas – Mr Sive Matanga: 023 342 0107 /071 478 7974